Monday, December 27, 2004

Cold and citified

We're in New York, our hotel room directly overlooking the giant WTC construction site. The proximity of the site -- literally across the street -- means they probably get a lot of crazy people like the lady who came into the lobby a few minutes ago, raving about not needing a reservation to talk to Jesus. Even better is the hotel's Fitness Center -- I did an hour on the treadmill while facing the window directly looking into the pit. Now that's motivation!

It is damn cold, about 20 degrees and enough wind to make you sorry you ever went onto the sidewalk. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try walking over to Trinity Church for morning prayer; I'll see if I can make it in my hat, gloves and scarf that are more than I ever need for SF but seem totally inadequate here.

No comments: