Thursday, December 16, 2004

Pay attention to the French

For the last two weeks, while I've been working on a project at work, I've been showing up in t-shirts and jeans. If it were up to me, I'd wear a black t-shirt and a black sweater every day from November to July. No one said anything, and I noticed some of the engineers also dressing down, so I didn't think much of it, but was merely glad for the comfort.

But today I wore an Oxford shirt because this was the first day of the class I've been helping develop all month long. During a break I ran into the config. mgmt guy, who's French. "You're looking sharp today," he said.

"What, because I'm wearing a shirt with buttons?" I asked.

"Yes, very nice," he said.

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

"Of course," he smiled. OK, I get the message.

No comments: