Thursday, December 16, 2004

WTF?

For many years, the best webcam in the world has been the one at 5th Ave. and 43rd St. in Manhattan in the offices of an advertising agency. It's high enough off the sidewalk so you can see down 5th Ave. but close enough so you can actually see people and what they're wearing, and what the weather's like. Sometimes I even click on it after midnight Manhattan time for no reason. Tonight I saw this image. And I thought, what the fuck is that? It looks like someone helping a very drunk person in a yellow sweater and a Santa hat down the sidewalk. At least that's the most plausible explanation. Or perhaps it's someone in a yellow sweater at the moment of being mugged. Or perhaps it's someone carrying a nearly life-sized mannequin down the street at 12:30 in the morning. I don't know. It's just very strange, and I wanted to share it with you.

No comments: