Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Reading list

Last night I finished Michael Cunningham's Specimen Days, a strange, confounding novel. The book is divided into three parts which occur in New York in 1911, in the present day, and in the future a couple hundred years from now when Manhattan is literally a theme park called Old New York and the country is suffering through some post-apocalyptic breakup. I enjoyed reading the book and would recommend it, though I have reservations about parts (especially the middle section).

Next up are Karen X Tulchinsky's The Five Books of Moses Lapinsky and Steve Erickson's Our Ecstatic Days.

1 comment:

Myfanwy Collins said...

I have Specimen Days in my pile of books to read. He's one of my favorite writers. I've been saving it for a time when I can take some time to read it slowly.