Saturday, October 01, 2005

Love, eventually

I went today to see Me, You, and Everyone We Know, an indy film made by, and starring, Miranda July, a Maggie Gyllenhaal lookalike. The film struck me as a cross between the edgy Southern Californian torpidity of Ghost World and the overlapping, sentimental stories of Love Actually without the latter film's grandiosity. Someone had told me I'd really like it, and I did really like parts of it, while other parts made me intensely anxious.

Miranda July has a blog on the film's official site.

In the evening I went to a friend's birthday party. She has a tradition of guests playing charades at her birthday parties, so we did -- but it wasn't the same without Christine and Philip, two old friends.

2 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

I really want to see that film--and both the films you reference make me want to see it even more.

Chris C. said...

You mean charades "go for broke" style, lol? Complete with back-room deals, front-room bluffs, and shameless histrionics? *g*

*sigh* Those parties are something I really, really miss...

Christine