Monday, October 23, 2006

Good kisser

Joining that post from Badger I blogged earlier today, another great blog post: Violet Blue on relationships and boundaries. Just in case you wondered if she has anything left to say after all the other stuff she does. Man.

I just got home from the Miranda July appearance at Theater Artaud, a show which repeats tomorrow night. July made that film last year Me, You, and Everyone We Know; she's an enormously appealling actress and seems to be something of a darling of the artsy set, since even the New Yorker is printing her short stories. Her piece, which is a mixture of live and taped performance, has to do with relationships and heartbreak. It was cute but pathos-ridden and a little manipulative and frankly I just didn't need a story about a lost little kitty. I walked out and came home and hugged my cats and my own lover.

,

No comments: