Thursday, October 26, 2006

PK of the day

A San Diego man who became "reviled" for opposing a hilltop cross died of liver cancer yesterday. He was a Lutheran pastor's son who "lost his religion" and endured "years of death threats, hate mail and legal wrangling" for his opposition to the Christian display.
I fought in Vietnam and I thought I fought to maintain freedom and yet the cross savers in this city would have us believe all of the veterans' sacrifices are in vain, that the Constitution is something to be spit on... The real message is equal treatment under the law, and religious neutrality. That's the purpose of why I did it. It has nothing to do with me being an atheist. The fact is, the Constitution calls for no preference and that's why every judge ruled for me.

, , ,

No comments: