Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween haters

Who else hates Halloween?
  • The French
  • The British
  • Fundies (unless they evangelize the trick-or-treaters)
  • New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast
  • This anti-globalization activist ("Hershey's Kisses. Nestle's Crunch bars. M&Ms. It's not that I don't like their taste. No, the problem is that it is no exaggeration to say that forced child labor went into the making of much of these chocolates. Illegal child labor is a major problem on the West African cocoa farms from which companies like Hershey, Nestle and M&M Mars buy their cocoa beans.")

,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez... take all the fun out of a great holiday.

"Maybe my costume this year will be a chocolate company executive fat cat. Then again, maybe I’ll just stay at home, stick a wig on my head, and hand out Fair Trade trick-or-treat chocolates."

I guess that's a decent solution.