Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It might not be so bad

I've been monitoring the Bangalore Buzzspot news aggregator blog for some time, long before I thought I would be able to actually go to Bangalore. One of the things I've learned is that this is the hottest period of the year. But according to a post today, something they call "Mango" showers might cool things off soon.

Not only would that be a welcome dip in the heat for everyone, especially me -- having lived in San Francisco for almost 30 years after having grown up in the Midwest and in Texas, I have utterly lost my tolerance for hot weather, especially hot humid weather -- but I write about rain a lot in my novel and it would be good to see whether the city's drainage infrastructure really is as completely messed up as the news I've been reading for two years says it is.

No comments: