Friday, October 22, 2004

And they say facts are stupid things

Ordinarily I name the Republican Of The Week. But they are coming so fast and furious now, I'm going to have to recalibrate. And thus we have our...

Republican of the Day

Sen. Jim Bunning (R.-Ky.) has been the focus of rumors for weeks now that his mental state is deteriorating -- just google "Bunning mental state" and you'll find plenty of references. Today he said he had no knowledge of the huge story last week about a National Guard unit FROM HIS OWN STATE that refused to perform a dangerous fuel-transfer mission in Iraq. Better yet, Bunning had this explanation:

Let me explain something: I don't watch the national news, and I don't read the paper. I haven't done that for the last six weeks. I watch Fox News to get my information.

I'll bet Sen. Bunning would feel comfortable with a new poll that shows Bush supporters are "resistant to information" and "suppress awareness of unsettling information."

No comments: