Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Casting dream

I dreamt that I had a great idea for a story, and with friends I was going to make it into a film. We interviewed several high school-aged girls as possible stars of the film. I remember being really excited about the story idea -- too bad I can't remember it.

During the night a storm blew in, and I had to drive through it to work, south through the city, down 101 past the airport, and to Redwood City. On the way I had to stop at my bank, which is right across from a Whole Foods, so I went in and picked up something I could eat for lunch. I also got something from the coffee bar, and for the first time in my life I ordered a "mocha." Damn, those things are sugary! I could only drink about three sips, then when I got to work I left it in the car.

The world's shadiest office park parking lot was covered with leaves, and my usual spot had a puddle four inches deep. I parked there anyway, under the willow. It proceeded to rain really hard for about an hour and half, then cleared up a little, then rained some more.

I love the start of the rainy season. I didn't even mind all the traffic. Everyone just seemed rather calm. You tootle along at 20 mph and listen to NPR.

No comments: