Friday, October 22, 2004

At least I've got a job

Kind of a frustrating day at work, where we're in the last week or two before the product release. There are two main products, a server and a builder, and I keep downloading new builds of the builder and each one seems buggier than the last one. This afternoon I finally had a session with my boss, who was supposed to show me how two new features work. We didn't get too far, and when he left I was trying to build a new basic app that I could use as a basis to document the new features. I got my first real setback when I realized that something we did actually corrupted the one app I've been able to build that works. So I decided to start from scratch. Then I found myself really stymied by a simple SQL JOIN query that I just couldn't make work in the tool. Finally I went home. I guess I could go in tomorrow and bang my head against the wall for a few hours trying to make it all work -- but I'm not sure I'll have time.

No comments: