Sunday, October 10, 2004

Too much at once

You have no excuse for staying in on Thursday, Oct. 14, because three friends are performing/exhibiting that night. Pick one:

Film: Chimera House, a feature film by my friend Brandy Brawner, will be shown at the 4-Star Cinema in SF on 14 Oct. at 7:45 pm only. That's at Clement St. at 23rd Ave. (My first night ever in San Francisco, I went to a film at the 4-Star, riding out there on the number 2 bus.)

Literature: As part of the LitQuake festival, some local heavy-hitters will be reading, including Kim Addonizio, Justin Chin, and others. That's at the Make Out Room at 3225 22nd St., where I read last month, at 7 p.m. I totally ♥ Kim, who used to contribute to FTH and has since gone on to be nominated for the National Book Award.

Music: My friend Lisa B will be singing with her new band Subjects of Desire ("my new poetry-free improv band") at the Luggage Store Gallery, 1007 Market St., at 9 pm.

So you may be able to see the film, then hear Lisa; or see Kim, then Lisa. In any case, get off your butt and out of the house!! The debate's on Wednesday!

No comments: