Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Maybe he has some balls too

SF Mayor Gavin Newsom, already lionized by the lesbian-gay community for supporting gay marriage, was expected to be a pro-business mayor. That's what his main opponent in last year's election attacked him on the most. But todayNewsom not only threatened to join picketing hotel workers, but warned, "You will see me take actions to represent my disappointment not just in the proceeding days and months but years. Even when the strike ends (the hotel owners) will have sent the message that San Francisco is dispensable as a city and its employees can be used as pawns, and I will not forget that and I will act accordingly."

I think it's all a ploy to distract people from his wife's off-the-wall comments at a gay function in which she alluded to the favorable dimensions of the Mayor's shlong, and suggested he would never turn gay as long as she was giving him such good b10w jobs. (She didn't actually say "b10w job," she said "banana" and mimed a b10w job. When glee at these comments threatened to spiral out of control, she stupidly tried to back away from her comments, saying the sex joke had been exaggerated by reporters. But the story is not going away, which is why I think the mayor stepped forward with his own oral action. (Sorry for the cutesy spelling, but the filter here at the d.b.t.s. won't let me view a page with the actual phrase in it. Now I know why people resort to such lengths.

No comments: