Monday, January 31, 2005

Just when I thought I was out... they pulled me back in!

Here's today's highlight from the Publishers Marketplace "Deals" column:

Twenty-three year old Meosha Coleman's first two novels SECRET SOCIETY and DIARY OF A MISTRESS, gritty urban stories of women who have made it out of the ghetto, but whose past keeps yanking them back, to Cherise Davis at Touchstone Fireside for six-figures, at auction, by Liza Dawson of Liza Dawson Associates (world).

Go Meosha. I wonder if she is from a gritty urban ghetto and, despite her "six figure" deal, will get yanked back to it.

1 comment:

Veronica Slaughter said...

I had the pleasure of meeting the Author. I didn't know anything about her or for that matter that she was a writer. In 3 days I found myself ingrossed in her work. The woman is GOOD. I read 3 of her books in 2 days. THe book were so gripping I couldn't put the books down once I started. Miosha is very talented and I hope she keeps writing so I can keep reading.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOU WRITINGS.
V.Slaughter
Venice Lofts, Philadelphia,PA