Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Memories of a girl

From time to time, I hear from someone who knew Stephanie Kulick, whose memorial page I host. A friend from college days wrote:

I first met her when we were both in the cast of One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest at Boston College. She played the character of Ruckley, a catatonic on the ward, whose only task was to yell, "Fuck'm all" at random times. She also stood in the form of Christ, nailed to a cross during these scenes.

We hung out a bit, and I remember visiting her in her freshman dorm room, and it was full of all sorts of kitsch, like you said her apartment was. I just remember her being very intense, but also extremely gentle -- it seems like yesterday. She wrote and performed in a small play with our contemporary theater about a girl who constantly washed herself and couldn't leave her apartment. She seemed a bit trapped at the ultra-conservative Boston College.

That's my girl, always ready to yell "Fuck 'em all!!"

No comments: