Wednesday, January 12, 2005

On air

Having got my iPod for Xmas, I duly noted the year's first meme: podcasting. It's just like that subscription thing for PDAs, where you subscribed to feeds and your PDA downlaoded new content as it was posted. Here you download a client, iPodder (or iPodderX for Macs with the Panther OS), then subscribe to feeds of your choice. Then when you plug your iPod in to your computer, the feeds automatically download into it. The only challenge is then finding them on your iPod -- I found they were findable under "Playlists."

So this morning on the way to work I listened to Coverville, a half-hour show in which a guy plays nothing but covers of records so that, to use this morning's example, I heard Tom Jones doing a cover of "Gimme Shelter" -- not bad, either.

No comments: