Thursday, November 24, 2005

Breakfast conversation

Cris (reading news article): Why don't these coyotes ever die?

Me: Huh?

Cris: You know who the coyotes are, right?

Me: The, uh, people who bring mojados across the border.

Cris: Right. This guy's wife went back to visit her family, and paid a coyote to bring her back across the border. She collapsed in the desert from heat exhaustion and the coyote went off and left her there. Why doesn't her husband (points to picture) hunt down the coyote and kill him?

Me (looking at picture): Because he's a middle class guy.

Cris: You would hunt someone down, right? If they left me to die in the desert.

Me: Hmm... No.

Cris: I would. If that happened to you, I'd hunt them down and kill them.

Me: I'd, uh, pray for both your soul and that of the coyote while happily fucking new girls.

Cris: That's because you're a Lutheran and I'm a Latina.

No comments: