Friday, February 03, 2006

Finally, they're mad at someone else

I experienced a moment of dislocation when I saw those pictures of demonstrators burning the Danish flag.

You know what I wonder? Where the hell did they get all the Danish flags? I have no trouble believing they have their own American flag factory to turn out all the U.S. flags they have to burn at their constant demonstrations, but how did they turn on a dime like this and suddenly haul out a bunch of Danish flags to burn, trample upon, use as buttwipes, etc. Are their manufacturing facilities that flexible? Maybe Palestine's going to be the new manufacturing superpower!

Unnoticed irony: today is the feast of St. Ansgar, the patron saint of Scandanavia.

, ,

1 comment:

The Gnome said...

I thought exactly the same thing!

http://lifeofagnome.blogspot.com/2006/02/danish-flag-exports-rise.html