Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Best Sex Writing -- SF reading

Tonight's reading for Best Sex Writing 2006 was really superior -- there was a big crowd, they laughed at the right spots, all the pieces people read were awesome, and several friends of mine came. I was even asked by three strangers to autograph a copy of the book afterward -- wow, that never happens.

While I was Mister Photo at the New York reading on Monday, tonight I just sat back and enjoyed myself. It didn't even occur to me to take pictures.

Then for a bite to La Rondalla with Suzanne, Shannon and Carmen. That place hasn't changed in 30 years, I swear. The service still sucks, the food is still mediocre, and the decor is great. I came in after the women and a waitress never even asked me, in 30 minutes, whether I wanted anything. A mariachi band plays live and you just have to stop talking while that happens. Suz. told a funny story about having a breakup there while the band was playing at full volume.

It's such a pleasure to read in public. I really like doing it. I guess I ought to finish more stuff and then maybe I'd have something more to read!

No comments: