Saturday, December 30, 2006

First printout

After a quick read-through of my manuscript so I could fix some of the worst sentences, and a few words added to the ending to make it make just a bit more sense, I printed out my new novel -- hey, it's the first time I've called it that, like it's a real thing now, not just "the book I've been working on for the last two years" -- and took it to Kinkos to be copied. A few copies will go to people who will mark it up and give me some feedback, and based on that I will make changes for the version that goes to my agent.

It's at this point where I waver between thinking it's kind of good and thinking it's the kind of thing that only my friends will find amusing.

As I said in the last entry, it's about an American girl in India. I found this image on Flickr, and I think it gives a bit of a feeling of the book:

I don't know who this young woman is, but I think she looks and dresses a lot like my protagonist.

No comments: