Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm not so sure about the running part

A Texas lawmaker has introduced a bill that would make it easier for legally blind people to hunt game.

The bill would allow legally blind people -- who have impared sight -- to use laser pointers, which are forbidden for regular hunters.
"This opens up the fun of hunting to additional people, and I think that's great," (Rep. Edmund) Kuempel said. "I've seen this on TV before, when they're taking target practice. When they aim the gun, the guide tells them, aim two inches higher or two inches lower and you're on the target, and you're off and running."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once I was at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk waiting to go on the bumper cars. There was a group of blind people, with canes waiting for the ride. I saw the teenage attendant calling someone and I imagined the other person asking well okay they're blind, are they over 48" (the required height to enjoy the ride). They were ultimately allowed on and it appeared a sighted person was in each car with a blind person.