Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It works on my radio, too

Whatever's giving you problems, a good thwack usually helps.
Racehorse heals blind man: Well-placed head butt restores vet's sight lost in WWII blast

A racehorse named My Buddy Chimo has been a real friend to World War II veteran Don Karkos. With one head butt, the Monticello Raceway-stabled pedigree did what medical experts have failed to do for more than 60 years -- bring back sight in Karkos' blind eye.

... "I was putting a [collar] around his chest, and he whacked me real hard with his head," Karkos said. "It was totally out of character. He's been a good horse, very well-mannered, and then he did this."

My Buddy Chimo's noggin hit Karkos in exactly the same spot as the shrapnel 64 years ago, he said. "Being kicked is part of the job, but I've never been hit that hard," he said. "I was pretty shaken up, kind of dazed. Then, later that night, I started to get the vision back in my right eye.
Courtesy BoingBoing.

No comments: