Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chertoff: See you in the future!

Here's Homeland Security Sec. Michael Chertoff, showing why he belongs in the Bush administration:

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: But do you see failures in your role and failures in your office in the response to Hurricane Katrina?

CHERTOFF: My office and I personally have responsibility for this department. I had it when I took the oath in February and I have it now. And that responsibility puts on me the obligation to fix what I need to fix, which is what I'm in the process of doing.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: So you'll take responsibility for the fixes but not any of the problems that happened?

CHERTOFF: You know, I think, Soledad, I've been as clear as I possibly can about how I see the way going forward.

That's the script now.

1) Say you have responsibility, but only from this point foward.
2) See no. 1.
3) Say you've already answered the question.

No comments: