Saturday, May 06, 2006

NASA bedrest study girl's minutes of fame

Erin Petersen, the girl in the NASA bedrest study, was on CNN yesterday. Read the transcript from "American Morning" (second story in segment), where they showed a taped segment (and don't miss the utterly vacuous lead-out chatter between the co-anchors at the end of the transcript:
SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: How long did it take her before she felt very disoriented? I mean when I was on bed rest when I was pregnant, I just always felt like out of it and I wasn't even vertical the whole time.

MILES O'BRIEN: Oh, that's a good one. All right. I don't know.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: (INAUDIBLE) horizontal.

MILES O'BRIEN: I know what you meant.

SERWER: I have no question. It's just not a business story. Yes, really. I just can't handle this one.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: To [sic] much business. Absolutely.

MILES O'BRIEN: Just stick to your core competency there.

SERWER: I try.

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: I've got a hundred questions. I've got a hundred questions for her.

MILES O'BRIEN: OK. Good.

SERWER: You do that.
And then she was on live later in the day, but I can't find that transcript Here it is, starting about halfway down.

She gets out on May 15; then starts months of physical therapy to get her walking again. She's tough!

No comments: