Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What are you working on? : Myfanwy Collins

Just posted in my series of interviews with writers about their current project, short story writer Myfanwy Collins, whom I met at the Squaw Valley Writers conference last summer. About her short story collection Freak Magnet she writes:
As I've become more confident in my writing, I've allowed my true voice to come through -- one which aims to shine the light of honesty on human relations, to say some of things that we all are thinking but maybe never put into words. That's my hope anyway. We'll see if I've succeeded.

My hope is to show women as they truly are or can be. Sometimes we are scared, sometimes we are enraged, sometimes we are filled with light, but all the time we are human.

1 comment:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Thank you so much, Mark. I'm honored!