Monday, May 22, 2006

The tension continues

Last week, more than 12 hours after their awards ceremony had transpired, I complained that the Lambda Literary Foundation had not got around to posting a list of the winners on its website. Guess what? It's now more than three days after the ceremony -- and still no posting.

I sent an email to the "contact" mailbox on the site, and the next day -- more than 48 hours after the event -- I got an email back. "We sent an email press release to our email list Friday morning -- why haven't you signed up for our list?" said executive director Charles Flowers.

Oh -- I have to sign up for a special email? Who knew? Yeah, I'll be sure to do that -- next time.

But that was the whole message. He didn't even include the text of his "email press release" so I would finally have the information. So I still don't know, and neither do you -- unless you were one of the smart ones, I guess.

God knows how much money they spent on the luxurious awards banquet held Thursday night -- but they don't have time even to post the winners on their own website. Talk about an awards ceremony that amounts to little more than jacking off.

Update, 2:00 pm -- Results are finally up.

No comments: