Monday, March 13, 2006

Medford to SF

This morning after I left the motel I drove across the street to one of those espresso shacks that are ubiquitous in Oregon. The shack was staffed by two teenage girls who were so darned cheerful and friendly it was like they were on ecstacy. I have no trouble believing they are encouraging repeat visitors and their tips with their extra-friendly attitudes, but they gave me the full treatment even though I was driving a car with a California plate and was obviously just a motorist hitting the road.

The drive down I-5, and then 505 and 80, from Medford, Ore. to San Francisco has some small mountains to go over during the first hundred and fifty miles or so; after Redding, the road flattens out, I drove south into the sun, and the drive becomes a little boring. It doesn't take that long -- five or six hours at the most. I used up all my pictures in the camera yesterday so I took no pictures.

It's great to be home.

1 comment:

San Francisco Photos said...

Yeah I know those espresso shacks in Oregon and the drive actually not too bad!