Monday, March 20, 2006

What are you working on? : novelist Alev Croutier

Just posted in my series of interviews with writers talking about their current projects, Turkish-American novelist Alev Crouter, whose next book, set in Paris and Constantinople, is based on a real literary hoax involving a famous writer and three women who live in a harem.

I was doing research for my first book Harem: The World Behind the Veil when I came across the story. I was so drawn to it that I almost abandoned everything else I was writing in order to concentrate on it. It would not leave me and kept coming back and I kept researching and coming across additional information that made it more and more mysterious and fascinating. It was like going through a gallery of mirrors without reaching an end.

, ,

No comments: