Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dept. of I Didn't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry

From the Shelf Awareness newsletter:
Tonight on the Colbert Report: Bonnie Fuller tells all about her new book, The Joys of Much Too Much: Go for the Big Life--The Great Career, the Perfect Guy, and Everything Else You've Ever Wanted (Even If You're Afraid You Don't Have What It Takes) (Fireside, $24, 0743459474).
For those of you lucky enough not to have noticed, Fuller is a big shot in the magazine business.

You know, every time I heard about someone like this writing a book about how to be as wonderful (or successful, or wealthy, or as well-fucked) as they are, I think two things: 1) I'd love to see how full of life they were without their white upper-class privilege; 2) I'd love to see whether or not they pay their nannies, cleaners and other minions full Social Security and health insurance.

No comments: