Thursday, November 11, 2004

The descent of winter

Yesterday, drizzle
today, a downpour
things haven't changed
despite the election, death
and remembrance are still in style

But my bright yellow rain slicker
protects me from all evil

WCW I'm not. Thanks for your indulgence.

Proceding apace on my new novel. I realized the other day that I need to move a couple main characters to Bangalore so they can open an offshore customer service office. Unfortunately I know very little about Bangalore that hasn't been published in the New York Times. However, the company I work for now has a development office there, and I tried asking people one day at lunch. Didn't get much information out of the Indian guys before one of the white guys changed the conversation to skeet shooting. I found out a hell of a lot about skeet shooting and very little about Bangalore. Guess I'll have to take a different tack.

No comments: