Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Drug trip

Just back from my root canal experience. Gave me an excuse to take a day off work, so I spent the morning working on the church newsletter, then rode BART over to Oakland where the endodontist's office was located. The guy was a pro, finishing is just over an hour. Then Sara picked me up and took me home -- awfully nice of her to drive over to Oakland and back just for that. I didn't go for the nitrous this time, just a Xanax and a couple Extra Strength Tylenols. All in all I feel surprisingly lucid, though I'm sure that's perfectly delusional.

Seems strange to take off a day in the final crunch of the release at the d.b.t.s., but actually it gives them a chance to review my docs, which are basically done except for their comments. Then tomorrow is another day off, because it's a company fun trip to a St. Helena vineyard owned by the Chairman of the Board, so we can celebrate a big business deal. The only problem with all this time off is that I'm still on hourly, so that's $500 a day down the drain. Then next week is Thanksgiving, so that's another two days shot. Still, the job's going well.

No comments: