Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm working. Really

Sorry to be dull. I really am putting in a lot of hours at work, and during my spare time I'm working on my National Novel Writing Month work. Do you want to know the title? The Moony Trail of Starry Shine. The title came to me in a dream, and I started from there. The title sounds silly, but think of it as a sort of ee cummings/J.D. Salinger mid-century thing. Even though it is set in 2004.

Every novel project has its moments of serendipity, and I've already had my first one. I threw in a secondary character named Chandra, wrote three pages about her, then checked the internet to make sure there really is such a name. Yes, and it means "moon." Chandra has suddenly become much more important in the book.

I'm up to about 6300 words. Track my progress (scroll down to see the word count and an excerpt).

No comments: