Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Still around

I was in the middle of a nice long post comparing the paranoid visions in the Matrix films and Runaway Jury, which we rented Saturday. But then Blogger went down and I lost the post. This discouraged me from using Blogger for a few days, but I'm almost over it now. The new interface is a little odd. It features big, boofy buttons and symbols, like it's being repositioned for child users.

There's bad news in the Washington Post today: Cheney's heart is OK. And I had been so hoping that they'd use his health as an excuse to dump him.

But the real reason for posting that is to draw your attention to Bug Me Not, a new service designed to subvert all the tiresome registration pages which newspapers are imposing. Just enter the URL of a site (such as http://www.washingtonpost.com) and it will give you a userid and password for an existing (meaningless) account.

No comments: