Saturday, May 22, 2004

Woo hoo, 800th post

As far as I can tell, the new Blogger interface has few actual features. The main changes seem to be to make the interface chunkier and boofier, with giant icons and headlines, as if it were being repositioned to the children's market. Of course, you the reader can't tell the difference, because all the changes are on the user side. About the only thing of any significance is that it now tells you how many posts you've done, cumulatively. So I can tell you with confidence that this is the 800th post in this blog.

A recent story I read said that the most successful blogs are the ones where there are many posts in a single day. This gets people constantly checking back to see if there's something new. Using that measure, I've pretty much failed this week. Frankly, I've been a little depressed. I haven't gotten anywhere trying to find a literary agent, and nothing's going on in the dept. of Fooling Around. The only giggly fun thing is that I got a new laptop. But why should I complain?

Today I'm going to be working on three projects, neither one having to do with my own writing, only one of them a paid gig. And of course I have to get the volunteer gigs out of the way first.

No comments: