Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Business trip

I'm on a business trip for the d.b.t.s., staying in a clean, comfortable, and wonderfully anonymous business hotel in Baltimore. I love business hotels! And this one, a Courtyard by Marriott, is new and especially nice.

Friends will know of my near-fetish for anonymous motels and hotels. I aways imagine furtive sexual affairs go on in them when, in reality, it's mostly a lot of television zoning-out and exhausted sleeping by the guests, and back-breaking labor for the housekeepers. I always leave a big tip for them, every day, because I am a bourgeous businessman who does little actual work while they bust their asses every day. Besides, a more-than-decent tip on your first morning, and every day thereafter, ensures you have plenty of towels, toilet paper, and whatever else is supplied in the room.

Tip the people who help you! Taxi drivers, housekeepers, doormen, waitstaff -- that's hard work, and you know they're getting ground down by the boss or the company day after day.

So I won't be posting that much while I'm on this trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about errand runners. They need tips, too.

I'm also obsessed with motels, for the same reasons. They make me want to pack a traincase and put my hair in pincurls and wear lace-trimmed satin slips with high heels.

Chris C. said...

I don't know what businesspeople do in hotels and motels, but I can tell you, watch out for those academics! Give me a rented room in a strange town with a brilliant and brazen femme professora, and---oooo, mama!

Don't fool yourself that there's no hot lesbo sex going on in those sterile rooms, baby... ;)

Mark Pritchard said...

I'm meeting an academic on Saturday, so I'll seek empirical evidence of your assertion, in as much as non-lesbians can test it.