Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Litblogging my way to heaven

Courtesy Mediabistro's daily news blatt:
Cynthia Ozick profile in the NY Observer
Thriller writer Scott Turow interview in Mediabistro itself.

Thanks to the talented and attractive Michelle Richmond, whom I met at Monday's Fusion City event, for linking my summer project, The Secret Diary of a Prisoner in the Creative Writing Gulag, my satire of Lynn Freed's piece in the June Harpers about how awful it is to teach creative writing to American college students.

On Publishers Marketplace they list book deals. This was my favorite today:

Croatian and Korean rights to Brenda Shoshanna, Ph.D.'s THE ANGER DIET, to I.E.P. and Inner World Publishing, respectively, by Prava Prevodi in Croatia and Best Agency in Korea, on behalf of Noah Lukeman at Lukeman Literary Management.

Hmm, the anger diet for Croatians. If they follow that, the entire nation of Croatia is going to be mighty skinny by this time next year. Oh, wait, didn't they have that war thing? Maybe they're already skinny!

No comments: