Thursday, December 08, 2005

I have trouble with the 21st Century

I was initially excited by these photographs at The Morning News website. Then I read the interview with the photographer and found she staged them based on scenes in her own life.

WTF?! These aren't artsy photographs that are obviously staged; they give the appearance of candidness. (Is that a word?) But they're not candid, they're entirely staged. And even the interviewer seems to have been mislead by the exhibition title.

What they really are are idealized images set in some strange upper-class setting where all the people wear expensive clothing and partake of rich desserts yet are not fat. Fuck, next time I'll just page through Vogue.

1 comment:

Chris C. said...

Eek...!!!

How the upper classes suffer. I so very, very care about their angst.