Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One more cup of coffee and I'll be all right!

Courtesy mediabistro comes this Slate.com piece about the rise and fall of the "bus plunge" story in the New York Times. Someone with too much time on his hands realized that one-paragraph stories about buses going off mountain roads in exotic countries used to be a staple in newspapers, and actually traced how many stories of this nature appeared in the Times over the decades.

The story reminds me of a satirical song performed by the a cappella group The Bobs, whom I used to open for in the mid-1980s. They had a song, suitably titled "Bus Plunge," the entire lyrics of which can be found on their expansive website. (The same site lists my own song, Be My Yoko*, which they performed in concerts and on their first album, and which was in turn the title song of a theater piece I did with Lynn Grasberg. Hi Lynn!)
* Not to be confused with the Barenaked Ladies song "Be My Yoko Ono."

, ,

No comments: