Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Creative writer of the month

That "penniless" NYU student who supposedly spent the semester sleeping in the library basement because he couldn't afford housing? I don't believe it for a second. Just look at the guy's picture -- he's not 20! Come on! He wouldn't identify his parents, there's nothing about where he went to high school, and:

As he put it on his Web site: "I am a writer at heart, and go to N.Y.U. for creative writing, and this seemed like an experience I just couldn't pass up. I am an idealistic dreamer, and this seemed like something I could do, that would benefit me financially and creatively."

The decision to share his experiences with the world came later, he said, as he grew tired of explaining to friends what he was doing and why. He simply posted an explanation on the Internet.

The more he wrote about his life as "the Bobst Boy," as he christened himself, the more it became a kind of "stress relief," he said.

Gawker suggests, "You know he's gotten emails from about 34 hungry agents this morning. Sell that book, little fella."

No comments: