Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Come on, writing is fun

Though I and many others wanted to throw ourselves under a truck after the Freed screed on the moral and artistic bankruptcy of creative writing workshops and programs, I decided to delay committing suicide while I hunted some truly inspiring prose.

Almost immediately, I ran across this passage from Pizza Marketing Quarterly. The dish in question is a sort of domed, enclosed crust with all the pizza stuff inside it.

As soon as I set eyes on the voluminous domed pizza, I thought of PMQ and how other pizza owners would like to know of this phenomenon. These singular marvels include Volcano Fujiyama, which erupts with assorted seafood, the Volcano Kintamani that is full of molten meats and Volcano Papa's that explodes with the lot!

After creating six cookbooks and countless culinary formulas, one of my favorite presentations is the edible container. Sweet potato soufflé in acorn squash, soft scrambled eggs in avocado halves or fish fillets in rice paper interests my sense of whimsy and omnivore tendencies. ... When it was brought to the table and slashed open, the fragrances were exhumed from a base of seafood or molten meats. Rather showy like a fajita, this is a popular choice for locals and tourists alike.

Isn't that the best kind of language for food reviews? "Explodes"! "Slashed open"! "Exhumed"!

, ,

No comments: