Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ugly man found solution to problem of getting laid: hookers

A Chicago Sun-Times columnist publishes an account from a man reacting to recent street prostitution stings in the city. The anonymous john's letter is both pointed and poignant:

When I imagined my future sex life as a kid, I never envisioned myself [having sex with] hookers. I graduated college in the middle of the swinging '70s. It was almost impossible to not get laid in that era, remember? But no matter who I asked out -- co-workers, women in bars, etc., the answer was always "no."

One day as I approached 30, a woman who wasn't very attractive herself, by the way, just blurted out that I wasn't very good looking. I think her exact words were, "You are nice enough, but you just don't have it in the looks department." I wasn't even asking her out. I can't remember what caused her to say that. I appreciated her honesty, though.

It was shortly thereafter that I discovered streetwalkers. They don't discriminate. And for that, people want to lock them up! Trust me, there's a lot of guys out there just like me. They're going to do what they have to do, web sites be damned.

The writer's reference to "web sites" refers to the Chicago PD's new hookers and johns mug shot gallery, which I linked to last week.

,

No comments: