Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The 21st Century marches on

Rand Morimoto, president of Convergent Computing, spends more than 100 hours a week bolstering the image of his Oakland-based Internet security company, which has 65 employees. Even though he receives 30 vacation days a year, he uses only five of them -- for Christmas and a few other special occasions.

"The tough part about vacation is I work twice as many hours before I leave on vacation to prepare to go," he said. "And then when I get back, I work twice as many hours to catch up."

Despite Morimoto's non-stop schedule, he doesn't consider himself "overworked."

"I work for myself, and I choose to work as hard as I do,'' he said. "In this economy, you've got to work hard to keep your job. I choose to work my butt off."

I'm sorry, sir, but you are mentally ill.

No comments: