Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bad flash of the day

News story: Wisconsin Professor to Test Stun Guns on Pigs. Hey! Teacher! Leave those pigs alone!

Then there's this: Jerry Falwell in critical condition. My initial reaction was glee. Then I thought, well, that's not very nice. Or mature. Or enlightened. Or compassionate. So I thought about it for a while longer. Finally I decided that if I happened to be at the man's bedside, I would probably feel compassion, not glee. Life's too short to sneer at someone on their deathbed. If it were Cheney, on the other hand,that would be a real challenge.

Then I found this: Falwell compared his own medical problems to Terri Schaivo's. God, they make it hard to be a fucking Christian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christ on a cracker. The very fact that he was capable of making such a statement illustrates that his words were false.

While I'm not a christian, I do try to adhere to a moral code mostly compatible with most of the core teachings of christianity. People like him, though, make me wonder if it is worth it.