Saturday, March 12, 2005

Martina for sale

Today an automotive day -- After errands in the morning, I took Martina, our MR2, for a triple dose of maintenance. First an oil change, then a tuneup, finally a super-wash -- because someone is coming at 2:30 to possibly buy her. I feel bad because I told the guy she had 150,000 miles and she actually has 155,900 -- I suppose it doesn't make a huge amount of difference at that level of mileage but I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to trick him about anything. The car's strengths and weaknesses are pretty visible. I should pick the car up from the tuneup in half an hour and then take her for the wash and final clean-out. Good old Martina, which went down to Wonder Valley at least three times, once with me and Cris, later with me and Stephanie, finally me on my own. And I've commuted in Martina for the last six years.

Sara came over to garden with Cris. It's a cool foggy day after yesterday's incredible sun and warmth. San Franciscans can really only take three days of sunny warmth before wishing for the fog again, so today is actually perfect.

Update:

Martina was sold, so I removed the link to the Craigslist ad.

In the middle of the afternoon I got some sort of horrid leg cramp, and I've been limping around the house ever since (it's now 10:45 pm). So I wasn't able to go to Writers with Drinks after all, darn it.

No comments: