Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Biting through

Here's your tip for the day: If you wear those 30-day extended-wear contact lenses, and you can't remember when you put them in the last time, but you think it might be 30 or even 45 days, because after all they are starting to bother you a little, TAKE THE DAMN THINGS OUT. Failing to heed this advice, you might spend most of your workday with a nice cold can of Diet Coke pressed up against your eye.

Like me.

Here are some more things: Wouldn't you like to have a National Association of Witches t-shirt? Sure you would. I promise it's not one of those neo-pagan things. Its promulgator has a very funny blog.

On Saturday, my gorgeous and competent friend Katia Noyes is reading from her new book Crashing America. I promise you're going to get real tired of hearing about it, since it's not even April yet and the book doesn't come out until fall. But I am going to bust my ass for her book because I think it's terrific.

Finally, I brought out a new issue of the church newsletter I edit. I switched to MS Publisher instead of the even worse MS Word to lay out this issue. I swear you have to be crazy to lay out a newsletter using MS Word -- I discovered tricks I wish I never knew. Only drawback to the new system was that I had to print the 11x17 masters out at Kinkos for $. Hey, has anybody else noticed the service at Kinkos really sucks since FedEx bought them? They're always understaffed. Say goodbye to overnight service there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've passed the 90-day mark on this pair of monthly disposables. I'm sure my eyes will be paying for it later in life.

Mark Pritchard said...

Youth is wasted on the young.