Thursday, March 31, 2005

Birds of Hawaii

Another totally hilarious post by flea on One Good Thing. In this episode, she witnesses feral tropical birds devour a couple's room-service breakfast, and fires a shot across the bow of a busybody acquaintance.

She tells herself working mothers are selfish because they don't sacrifice the way she does. For me, and evidently for her, staying at home is a sacrifice. ... She expressed mock surprise for months every single time she saw me at home, until I asked her to please knock it off. After that, she moved away from the "you never spend time with your kids angle" to the vast philosophical differences in our parenting styles. I am the type of mother who yells, "Damn it, Alex, put that kitchen knife down and bring me another beer!" ... She spanks her kid, and I swear this is true, for displaying behaviors I would give Alex a gold star for.

Badger would totally heart her.

No comments: