Friday, March 11, 2005

Spring now fully sprung

It's like 80 degrees outside, the cherry trees are blooming, and winter is over with a capital O-for-orgasm. Yesterday I saw a hummingbird trying to get up close and personal with some almost unnoticeable blooms on the eucalyptus tree outside my office window. (The blooms look like this -- the white ones -- only we're not in South Africa, so they're very small and hard to see -- unless, I guess, you're a hummingbird.) Just now I had lunch with Jenny, who just got a job in another software company down here in Redwood City. Ate at Hometown Noodle Co., and the lunch was really great.

Continuing my nothing-to-lose-so-why-not-go-for-it approach to getting my book published, I sent an email query to the only editor I even remotely know -- someone who worked at Cleis when they published my sex stories. I should have pinged him as soon as I found out, at least a year ago, that he had moved on from Cleis to a mainstream publisher and become an editor. So here's hoping he'll at least be interested, despite me not having an agent. Probably every single Cleis author hoping to go mainstream contacts him, but (I repeat) I have nothing to lose!

No comments: