Thursday, March 10, 2005

Dreaming of the future

I've been very get-on-with-it for the last couple weeks. After I posted the notes file for my unpublished novel Make Nice, I sent off three blind queries this Monday. Last night I went over to Katia's to help her build a website for her upcoming novel, which will be published in a few months, and I did the same for Martha a few days ago. And to top it all off, I readied my application for the Squaw Valley Writers conference, which I usually don't complete until May.

So last night I had a lovely dream of writerly success. Charlie Anders was showing me a clip from the New York Review of Books -- it was a long piece about my work. Later in the dream I was listening to and coaching young writers, who were happy to have my ear. Does that sound silly? Well, it sure was a nice dream.

No comments: