Sunday, April 03, 2005

An arduous trip to the yuppie supermarket

Busy day at church, where my committee had responsibility for the post-service "coffee hour" as well as leading a discussion about what sort of music program we ought to have. Didn't get home from that til 2:00, and then it was off to a crowded gorcery store. That place is more crowded than the men's bathroom at the ballpark. Now it's started raining again and I feel pooped.

The fact that it's raining is extraordinary. Rain as late as April, not just a fluke rain, but as part of a rainy season that's continued all the way since November. Highly unusual.

I mention the weather so often because it's interesting to me. It always seems like such an event when the weather changes, perhaps because for much of the year -- during the dry season -- the weather is so utterly uninteresting. Not that that keeps me from mentioning it.

This evening: I might get it up to do a little exercising on the treadmill. But frankly I just feel like vegging out in front of the TV. Too bad it's all pope, all the time.

No comments: